Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Little Heroes - Being Thoughtful & "Helpful"


Monday: 9th March - I ordered McDonald's McChicken and Chicken McNuggets for my little heroes. It doesn't sound like a healthy dinner but hey...I guess having fastfood for dinner once in a blue moon will not do much harm (okay, okay...I have to admit, I was the one who was craving for McD's Spicy Fried Chicken!!). Anyway, I've decided to archive this little conversation that took place while we were having dinner.

Wei Jin: Mommy, why didn't you order anything for daddy?
Me: Daddy has gone outstation. He's only coming back this Friday.
Wei Jin: I see. Can I keep one piece of nugget for daddy?
Me: No. You can eat all.
Wei Jin: But, why?
Me: The nugget will be rotten by Friday. It cannot be eaten by then.
Wei Jin: Okay. But, can I keep half of my burger for daddy so that he can eat on Friday?
You Jin: Never mind. No need. If you cannot finish, you pass to me. I can help you finish it.
Me: *smiles*

What a thoughtful little kid (and one greedy one...lol!) This is very unusual of Wei Jin because usually he is very reluctant to share the food that he enjoys. As for You Jin, I guess he was just trying to be "helpful" :D

3 comments:

erinalaw said...

It was so sweet of your son. Must be daddy pet.

Alvin said...

Cheeseburgers are my best friend in Germany. The cheapest on the menu, at 1 Euro each.. :(

Ai-Ling said...

erinalaw: yup, they are daddy's pet :)

alvin: cook, bro...cook. i know u are good in cooking *drools*

Blog Widget by LinkWithin