I found a new passion lately. I realised that BAKING makes my stress level dwindle to almost zero. It's indeed a good, therapeutic way to de-stress, but I doubt if it's doing any good to my waistline!
It happened last Friday when I had a lousy day at work. (Don't worry, I shall not whine about work in this post :D). I stopped by the minimart to get my favourite bread - Gardenia Delicia, only to find that none was left. I had no choice but to grab the usual Gardenia.
I reached home, only to discover that the loaf of bread that I had just bought is about to expire - 1 day to be exact. Oh well, never mind, I told myself...then, I had this sudden crave for bread pudding! It had been years since the last time I made one.
So, right after my little heroes went to bed and after finishing the household chores at about 9pm, I started baking my bread pudding (without a recipe!)
This is my simplified version of bread pudding:
1. Lightly grease a casserole dish.
2. Cut each slice of bread into triangles (I used about 8 slices of bread).
3. Butter one side of the bread.
4. Soak them in a fresh milk.
5. Arrange them into the casserole dish.
6. Sprinkle some raisins and chopped canned peaches in between the layers of bread.
7. Beat 4 eggs with 1/2 cup of brown sugar and 1/4 cup of fresh milk. Add a tsp of vanilla essence.
8. Pour the egg mixture over the arranged layers of bread.
9. Let the bread soak in the egg mixture for about 20 mins.
10. Bake at 160 degrees C for 1 hour.
My bread pudding:
By 10am Saturday morning:
one of the last two pieces...
The bread pudding that I baked was meant for dessert, but somehow, it ended up on my breakfast table!! Anyway, the satisfaction was priceless...especially when I saw the twinkle in my little heroes eyes as they gobbled down the pudding and oh...especially when they complimented that it tasted fantastic :D