Saturday, August 30, 2008

My Little Heroes & Merdeka



31st AUGUST --> Two days ago, I asked my younger little hero what's so special about this date.
His answer: Sunday? holiday? yipee...no school...
Duh...Well, what kind of answer do you expect from a 4 year old kid?


My elder little hero came to the rescue and reminded his little bro that 31st August is Merdeka Day. The little one was excited and exclaimed: YES, FLAG DAY! I guess I have to wait till he's a little bit older before I ask him again for the significance of 31st August. Should I explain to him the true meaning of Merdeka? Nah...that one can wait. Anyway, have we truly achieved our Merdeka? (Hmmm...)

Yesterday, my little heroes came back from school with their self-made little Jalur Gemilang and decided to put those little flags to good use.


Check this out:

Mommy, this looks too ordinary.

Yes, I have an idea! Hehehe...Merdeka! Merdeka! Merdeka!


Happy 51st Merdeka Day:)


p/s: Mommy has never stuck a Jalur Gemilang to her car. It doesn't mean that Mommy is less patriotic. I love this country (do I love this present gov? hmmm...*in deep thought*)

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin