Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day 2009


I got this from a forwarded e-mail not too long ago about how a child perceives his father:

4 years: My Daddy can do anything!
7 years: My Dad knows a lot…a whole lot.
8 years: My father does not know quite everything.
12 years: Oh well, naturally Father does not know that either.
14 years: Oh, Father? He is hopelessly old-fashioned.
21 years: Oh, that man -- he is out of date!
25 years: He knows a little bit about it, but not much.
30 years: I must find out what Dad thinks about it.
35 years: Before we decide, we will get Dad's idea first.
50 years: What would Dad have thought about that?
60 years: My Dad knew literally everything!
65 years: I wish I could talk it over with Dad once more.


One of my favourite "Daddy" theme songs:




Wishing my Dad, DH and all daddies, soon-to-be daddies, future daddies out there...Happy Father's Day!

1 comment:

joshua said...

“When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished by how much he'd learned in seven years.”
Mark Twain

Blog Widget by LinkWithin