Saturday, May 16, 2009

A Teacher's Prayer




To all educators out there: Happy Teachers' Day :)



A Teacher's Prayer

(by Jill Wolf)



I want to teach my students more than lessons in a book;

I want to teach them deeper things that people overlook--

The value of a rose in bloom,

its use and beauty, too,

A sense of curiosity to discover what is true;

How to think and how to choose the right above the wrong,

How to live and learn each day and grow up to be strong;

To teach them always how to gain in wisdom and in grace,

So they will someday make the world a brighter, better place.

Let me be a friend and guide to give these minds a start

Upon their way down life's long road,

then I'll have done my part.



2 comments:

Wilson Ng said...

For so long I didn't say this.

HAPPY TEACHER'S DAY!


http://PlacesAndFoods.com

Ai-Ling said...

thanks, superwilson :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin